In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join our team within Vistry West Yorkshire, at our Wakefield office. As our Assistant Buyer you will be responsible for providing procurement support to the existing Buying team and will report to the Senior Buyer. The Assistant Buyer will be allocated to both project and office related duties and will be working within a small team that is very busy and so communication and an ability to engage positively with those around them is essential.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Operational understanding of COINs
- Previous experience as an Assistant Buyer within Construction / Residential Housebuilding
- A good understanding of purchasing processes
- Strong organisation skills
- The ability to organise and set priorities
- Good analytical skills.
- The ability to recognise future trends.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Communication skills.
- Confidence and presentation skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing on-site environment
- Well-developed analytical and presentation / communication skills
More about the Assistant Buyer role…
- Manage invoice queries for all sites working closely with the Project Buyers
- Run reports on outstanding invoices
- Cross reference supplier on-hire lists with site lists (Nationwide online)
- Compile list of accounts ‘not used’ for Finance to streamline COINS
- Raise orders for aftercare (at the instruction of the buyer)
- Assist with legacy orders
- Compile spreadsheets of quotes & material availability for tenders
- Welfare & Stationery orders for all sites (weekly basis)
- Run outstanding PO reports
- Assist with raising training orders
- Overhead orders – Stationery & PPE for new starters etc
- Manage PPE cupboard stock
- Marketing POs
- Set up supplier form for COINS accounts
- Complete account application forms
- Aftercare plant hire spreadsheet
- Update prices on supplier bulk uploads as per GTAs
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 1 Red Hall Avenue, Wakefield, WF1 2UL