Do you have experience of working with children, young people and families and are committed to getting the best outcomes for them? The Cambian Group, part of the CareTech family of companies, are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, forward thinking Mental Health Practitioner to join our friendly team.
We invite applicants from all disciplines to apply, Art Psychotherapists, Music or Drama Therapist with experience working with trauma informed approaches. You will be working within an existing multi-disciplinary team, which consists of Mental Health Practitioners and Clinical Practice Lead.
Working as a member of an integrated residential Children’s Service to support the emotional wellbeing, mental health and placement stability of looked after young people who have experienced significant adverse childhood experiences.
Supporting our teams across residential homes, you will be providing a combined clinical consultative and direct therapeutic service for Looked After young people placed in community residential settings and linked school. This includes assessing and identifying young people’s needs and meeting them through consultation, supervision and training for residential and care staff, care planning and management in partnership with the team as well as direct therapeutic work with the young people.
To be successful within this role you will need to have experience in:
· Working with Looked After Children and young people presenting with a range of clinical severity and needs.
· Knowledge of theory and practice of therapeutic interventions with children and young people.
· Assessment, intervention and management of a range of mental health needs including trauma.
· Partnership working supporting agreed placement objectives, care planning and progression including regular clinical reporting and routine outcome measures
· Registered with the relevant professional, HCPC
· Mental Health background and/or CAMHS experience
· Relevant qualifications to allow you to offer children therapy, when required
· Be a strong team player, with excellent communication skills
· Have excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
In return, we offer:
· Full support from a multidisciplinary team
· Regular clinical supervision
· Meetings and peer support
· Development opportunities
· Internal/external training on new initiatives
You will also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession.
Successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post.
Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care.
All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
Salary: Salary depending on experience
Location: Tamworth, B79 9JL