Feeling as though you make a real difference for people in the work you complete every day is key to having a love for your job. – A career in Funeral Services can offer you this!
We serve our families, act with integrity, care for our community and celebrate life. As one of the UK’s largest end-of-life providers, we take our duty and responsibility very seriously. We use our experience to lead, inform and educate; aiming to inspire others to raise standards and meet the changing needs of our consumers.
Our Values: Professional, Compassion, Respect and Knowledge form the basis of all our interactions and recognising this, you will be giving back to families in a critical time, whilst ensuring that their loved ones are treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Interested in becoming part of our family…?
We currently have an opportunity for an Administrator to join our Business Leader, Jason Downing and his dedicated team of funeral professionals within our S.A Bates Funeral Directors, serving our communities across Bedfordshire.
What will you be doing?
As an Administrator, this role ensures the consistent delivery of client service and provision of all aspects of ‘Helping Our Client Every Step of the Way’. This role will be to accurately complete all administration for the branch managing important information regarding funeral bookings, inputting information in our computers utilising our system COMPASS (full training provided). You will also oversee the full memorial ordering process for Crematoriums and Cemetery across Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday (09:00 – 17:00)
- Provide excellent client service when speaking with all internal/external customers.
- Collate petty cash returns.
- Clearly and accurately manage the disbursement cheque system ensuring at all times that the company procedure is followed.
- Ensure compliance with credit control, with client letters being sent at appropriate intervals and monitoring outstanding accounts against company requirements.
- Maintain accurate, indexed records of funeral arrangements, accounts, and banking sheets.
- Ensure that stationary stocks are kept at a reasonable level, without shortage or overspending.
- Oversee and process all memorial orders, working closely with the supplier and local crematoriums and cemeteries to process orders.
What Do I Need?
- 2+ years previous Administrative experience
- Excellent PC Literacy skills.
- Proactive approach and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Presentable always, acting with professional conduct and showing empathy.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- A passion for customer service.
What do you get?
- £22,462.91 per annum (OTE £27,000 per annum)
- Life Assurance 2 x salary.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunity to enroll on several of our apprenticeship schemes.
What are the next steps?
To be considered for this role, please submit your application via the ‘apply’ button, where a member of our resourcing team will review your application.
Learning & Development
Our Learning and Development teamwork with our people to increase the knowledge and skills needed to deliver their roles and develop themselves. We are also investing in our people with a wide range of bite-sized digital topics that allow you to guide your own professional development in engaging and effective ways. These range from our Diversity and Inclusion training and Mental Health Awareness to How to Cook in Spanish!
From HR Administration to MBA level qualifications, our Learning and Development team provide professional development opportunities at all levels across our organisation.
Please note that this role is subject to meeting regulatory requirements. As an FCA-regulated organisation we are committed to adopting the highest standards and we do this by employing individuals with the appropriate skills, experience, and integrity to protect both the company and our clients. If you are considered for a role, you will be providing your permission for us to conduct the relevant checks and assessments that will be carried out during the recruitment and onboarding process. The nature of the checks will depend on whether the role is subject to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR).
Please note in accordance with our pre-employment checks, all roles will require a criminal record check and further enhanced checks may apply. Certain roles will be subject to ongoing checks in line with the Group SMCR Framework (Fit & Proper Policy). Further details will be explained to you throughout the recruitment process.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement
Our Vision is to connect with our clients, colleagues, company, and communities based on our principles whilst celebrating our differences.
We aim to empower leaders and colleagues to seek out and understand new voices and perspectives; to be vocal about inequity and exclusion, and take decisive, informed, and bold action to promote inclusion and belonging.
Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend